Middle School News From Mr. Horrell...
This year, our theme will be P.U.S.H. --->Persist Until Success Happens! Our goal at WMS is to ensure student success for all students. We believe that all students can learn at high levels and that is what we strive to do every single day. Students have set goals for the terms and we will all work to help them achieve them. I wanted to take a moment to inform you of some information that will occur in the next couple weeks.Communication-
When emailing teachers please use the preferred method at their first intial and last name @western.k12.in.us
email address. Skyward email addresses sometimes don’t reach the teachers. Doors Open
- The doors to the middle school are not unlocked for students until 7:10am
at both parent-pick up and the front of the building. Please adjust your arrival times so students are not stuck outside.After School
- Students are not allowed to stay after school unsupervised, prior arrangements will need to be made.Bus Notes/Calls
- Please try to get all bus notes or phone calls related to transportation sent to us early to get bus passes to students. Students can drop off notes to Mrs. Quinn first thing in the morning.
Lastly our daily announcements are located at http://wms.western.k12.in.us/daily-announcements
Interested in Becoming a Western Panther?
Western School Corporation has a proud tradition of excellence, which is evident by the continued success of our students, our outstanding Fine Arts, Athletic, and Academic Programs, and our high graduation rate. We offer a broad curriculum to meet the various needs of our students and we have a caring staff who are committed to helping every student succeed. We are also a progressive school corporation that strives to offer the programs and experiences to prepare our students for life after high school. If you are interested in becoming a Western Panther and a part of our Western family, please read on.
Prior to each new semester, applications for students interested in transferring to Western are accepted. Applications are available at the link below. When submitting an application, also include the student’s attendance, discipline, and academic transcript. Transfer requests for a new school year should be submitted by May 1st. Transfer requests for the second semester should be submitted by December 1st. In both cases, if eligible transfer requests exceed projected openings, a lottery drawing will be held at the May and December School Board Meetings to determine who will be accepted. In the event that the eligible transfer requests do not exceed the available openings on May 1st or December 1st, eligible transfers will be accepted on a first come first serve basis until either capacity is reached or the semester begins. No transfers will be accepted after the start of a semester.Transfer Guidelines:
- A student will not be accepted
- if the student has been suspended (as defined in IC 20-33-8-7) or expelled (as defined in IC 20-33-8-3) during the twelve (12) months preceding the student’s request to transfer under this section:
- for ten (10) or more school days;
- for a violation under IC 20-33-8-16;
- for causing physical injury to a student, a school employee, or a visitor to the school; or for a violation of a school corporation’s drug or alcohol rules.
- if the student has a history of unexcused absences.
- if the transfer is for athletic reasons
- Students will not be accepted once a semester begins. A new application will need to be completed with the required documents for the next semester or school year as outlined above.
Western School Corporation does not travel outside the district boundaries to pick up transfer students. Western will transport transfer students from an in district bus stop if space is available on the bus. Otherwise, transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian or the student if he/she drives.Electronic Application:Application for Transfer Link
Once an application is submitted with the required documents, the school will review the information and contact you through email regarding your request.
The following is a list of school contacts for you to call (765-883-5576) if you have any questions regarding any of our schools or would like to schedule a tour of one or more of our schools.
Randy McCracken, Superintendent, ext. 5126
Rick Davis, High School Principal, ext. 4030
Tracy Horrell, Middle School Principal, ext. 3030
Pat Quillen, Intermediate Principal, ext. 2030
Steve Arthur, Primary Principal, ext. 1030